A hot water line burst in the crawlspace of this home. Due to the minimal air movement in the crawlspace, and the temperature of the water, moisture and humidity found its way up into the wall cavities, which lead to excessive (and quick) mold growth. The relative humidity in the crawlspace was so high that it was "raining," meaning there was so much condensation that it was dripping down from the floor above.
The American Restoration team removed the contaminated cabinets and drywall, set up containment around the affected areas, and installed an air scrubber. In the crawlspace our team installed dryers and dehumidifiers to remove all traces of moisture from underneath the home.
The images are a great example of what can happen when water damage is not properly mitigated. When left untreated, wet areas inside and underneath a home can lead to extensive mold growth, which can cause a number of health issues. Luckily, our team responds 24/7, and has the proper tools and training to decontaminate and repair mold-damaged homes.